Home » Not Comfortable with Doing a Certain Project in University

Not Comfortable with Doing a Certain Project in University

From the UK: In university, I’m required to do a group project in which we record a video, and as a student with selective mutism, this is causing me severe anxiety. So I’m writing here today to get advice on how I can talk to my teacher about doing the other project (which is an individual written report, but the problem with it is that our teacher did not discuss that choice with us, which makes me think that it is not possible to choose it) instead of this one, when I had agreed to do this one initially.

A.

Your university will have a policy about working with students with special or unique needs. It would be very reasonable for you to ask for an alternate way to do this project, and my guess is that the professor will be able to accommodate your needs. In fact, if it is too difficult to begin that conversation, you can show him or her this post as a place to begin.