Home » Disorders » Bipolar Disorder » Do I have bipolar disorder?

Do I have bipolar disorder?

From a 40 year old man in the U.S.: I was told I was bipolar about 2 years ago but it wasn’t really confirmed. They just said I showed possible signs. I have taken 2 quizzes on this site and none of them came near to suggesting I could be bipolar. What’s your thoughts and how can I confirm if I am or not?

Do I have bipolar disorder?

A.

The only way to confirm it is with a visit to a mental health professional who is qualified to make a diagnosis. The quizzes you find online are not intended to be diagnostic. They are intended to provide some education. A high score is just an indication that you might meet the criteria for the disorder and you therefore should consult with a pro. You need to spend a couple of sessions with someone who can hear your whole story and who can ask the specific questions that need to be asked to make a determination.

Do I have bipolar disorder?