Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » I’m Possibly Developing Paranoid Schizophrenia

I’m Possibly Developing Paranoid Schizophrenia

I’m afraid that i’m developing schizophrenia (paranoid to be specific). I currently have anxiety and i wasn’t always like this. But i was depressed before. I currently live with my in-laws and it’s driving me insane. The doc said that i should move because its not good for me and i’m increasingly becoming more paranoid. I think that people think I’m crazy bec i go to a psychiatrist I’m afraid of social stigma and afraid that people might know. My girlfriend only agreed to leave after 2 psychiatrists told her. But she keeps on telling me she doesn’t want to leave. She’s also hurting me physically. Im so scared and feel like other people are talking about me. Even people i don’t know so unrealistic please help me. We have a baby so I can’t leave her.

A.

I cannot provide a diagnosis over the Internet but based upon the information you have provided, a diagnosis of schizophrenia seems unlikely. You mentioned feeling paranoid but did not elaborate. A diagnosis of schizophrenia requires more than just paranoia. It’s best to ask your psychiatrist about your symptoms. If your psychiatrist does not think you have schizophrenia, then you probably don’t have it.

Your living with your in-laws is highly stressful. It’s likely contributing to your symptoms. If possible, consider moving. Your girlfriend doesn’t want to move, but an alternative living situation seems necessary. It is especially concerning because of your claim that she is abusing you. Try to do what you can to remedy your living situation and your symptoms could decrease significantly.

Finally, you should not feel shame about seeing a psychiatrist. We are not born knowing how to fix all of our problems. Problem-solving skills are learned and not everyone has access to knowledgeable people who can teach us those skills. Mental health professionals can provide guidance about how to efficiently solve problems with the least amount of stress. Utilize the help that is available to you. Please take care.