Home » Why Does Our Client Want to Hug Me?

Why Does Our Client Want to Hug Me?

From France: Hi, I need some enlightening on a situation I’m living lately. I work in an office. I get to work with clients sometimes. There is one of them, a guy, who comes sometimes to my office. The thing is that he has asked me to give him a hug several times. When I asked him about the reason behind insisting on hugs and him asking for them, he said that hugs are important in life and sometimes we need to hug someone. The thing that confuses me is that I don’t know what his real intention is and why he is claiming it from me.

I’m sure he didn’t ask the other ladies who work with me; they are married. Also, he knows that I don’t have a problem with hugging, but he knows also that it will be considered as inappropriate to do it at office, especially since he is someone who doesn’t work with me. I’m confused, I don’t know what he really wants, especially that most of the time he acts as if he never asked for a hug or tried to get closer to me and be neutral and professional.

Why Does Our Client Want to Hug Me?

A.

He asks for hugs from you because you give in. He senses your confusion about it and takes advantage of it. He knows his behavior is inappropriate. I suspect that makes it exciting for him.

Stop questioning his motives. His motives don’t matter. It’s inappropriate for you to comply. Stay professional in the office. If you are looking for love, he’s not a candidate.

I wish you well,

Why Does Our Client Want to Hug Me?