Home » Stress Management » I Feel So Different and I Stress about Everything, I Think I’m Going Crazy

I Feel So Different and I Stress about Everything, I Think I’m Going Crazy

I am only 15 but I’ve already been through a lot and think very maturely. I think I have anxiety. I’m always anxious and worry about anything that could happen, to the point where leaving my house seems like so much could go wrong. I’m scared of what others will think and talk as little as possible unless I’m comfortable with the person. I spend most of my days watching movies and TV shows. I’ve seen the movie Heathers about 50 times I sometimes watch it over and over again in one day. My problem is that my parents won’t take me to get the help I need. I know there is something wrong with me. I can’t sleep at night because I think about all the regrets of my life, it’s affecting every part of my life and my parents won’t help me. My brother was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and they immediately took him to get help. I feel as though they don’t believe me. I just want to be normal and I want to see if therapy or prescriptions can help with that. Thank you for your time.

A.

I appreciate the courage to reach out for help here, and I’m sorry your parents haven’t taken your request seriously. My guess is your brother was helped quickly because it was affecting school. I will encourage you to talk to your school counselor about your anxiety — and that you want to deal with it before it starts having an effect on school. This way the counselor can help you get your parents to take it seriously.

Oh, and by the way, stop watching “Heathers.” It is one thing you can do to stop raising the anxiety.