Home » I Am Overreacting with Everything Around Me

I Am Overreacting with Everything Around Me

From a graduate student in Japan: Dear sir.
i have a problem that i am overreacting with everything around me for example if someone told me to do something I overthinking about it sometimes I could not sleep because of thinking .If i make mistake I overreact and think to much about this mistake even I imagine what will happened to me i can say create story and feel fear even it is small mistake.for example my girl friend being busy I think that she maybe avoiding me and begin to create story from my mind then when i talk with her i found that i was overreacting and nothing from what i imagine happened. I think I doubt the other too much i wish I could over these feelings

the other problem that i have less concentration on when i read paper i do not deepen my knowledge just took fast look and convince my self that i understand what in the paper
also when I try to organize my time many ideas come to my mind in the same time so I got confused for example if i am studying and try to concentrate suddenly an idea come to my mind that I forgot to do something or i have to do something and this detracts me from my study .even sometimes my friends criticize me because I am not concentrated while i am talking with them many ideas come to my mind while i am thinking.

besides i am socially not active i have few friends also when i am between new people or meeting i cant contact with them my heart begin to beat fast and they told me to repeat what i said .as i am student this make trouble when i am talking about a research. also i feel there is no inspiration to study

to give you information i am not a Japanese i am student from out japan
and this problem with me before i came to japan

I am a fried that these things will destroyed my life i wish you could help me .

A.

Thank you for writing. I can’t make a diagnosis on the basis of only a letter. But I can tell you that what you are reporting is consistent with anxiety. Anxiety can interfere with school, a job and with relationships. It can create problems with sleep and with concentration. Although having some anxiety is a normal part of life, an anxiety disorder causes too much worry about so many things that it becomes difficult for a person to function normally.

Please see a mental health professional to find out if your problem is an anxiety disorder. If so, there is good news. There are effective treatments for it. A combination of some medication and some cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) often relieves many of the symptoms.