Home » Fiancée Went Through Photos

Fiancée Went Through Photos

Inadvertently, my memory card containing 600 photos was placed in fiancée’s phone. She went through all of them (something I have not done) and found a picture from 6 years ago of an ex-girlfriend in a bathing suit. She is mad that I did not go through photos previously and delete. She feels disrespected.

I am also very angered. It is my opinion that upon seeing the disk did not belong to her she should have removed it. Also, the picture is 6 years old and I have not spent the time going through the ones on phone storage and cloud backups of which I have redundancy.

When I picked up her phone and found an old picture of an ex, I asked her to delete it. She said no because she did not think it as inappropriate. I know she is right in her feelings but she consistently plays victim.

I am really reconsidering wedding. Am I overacting?

Fiancée Went Through Photos

A.

No, you’re not overreacting. A six-year-old 600-photo memory chip with a long forgotten image is being used as a lightening rod for some other dissatisfaction. I wouldn’t pretend to know what that might be, but her overreaction is a curious one. This coupled with your request for her to remove her image and her refusal because she didn’t see it as a problem mean it is time to reconsider the trust and respect level in the relationship.

I’d recommend finding a couples counselor to help you sort this through. The “Find help” tab at the top of this page can help you find one in your area.

Fiancée Went Through Photos