Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationship Issues

Relationship Issues

From Malaysia: I’m in relationship with my bf 2 years. In the periods, he becomes jobless and depends on me for everything and felt anger if I mention or push him to get a job. I don’t understand the reason why he’s lying to me from the beginning of our relation. Beside this, i feel i’m not his priority person, he showing his care when the time we get in quarrel. When i feel a short separation will makes the relation better, he consider it’s break up. Every time when i talk to him about our problem, he felt annoyed. I still love him lot, at the same time i feel confused if i can continue my life with this kind of man? I can’t imagine my future life because i have no idea how it gonna be? I need your advise please.

Relationship Issues

A.

From the description of your job you have a very substantial position and your boyfriend of 2 years does not. In your brief email it sounds like he has continually had problems maintaining employment, gotten angry at you even after you have managed the bills for him, that he breaks up with you regularly, and you don’t feel prioritized in his life. My question for you is: What is it that you love about him?

I think it is time to reconsider if this relationship is the right one for you.

Relationship Issues