Home » I Feel Embarrassed to Go Out and Meet New Friends

I Feel Embarrassed to Go Out and Meet New Friends

I’m taking Renax 0.5 Alprazolam medicine and Risperdal Consta Risperdal injection. Doctor prescribed Renax 0.5 half pill when needed for anxiety. But haven’t told him about having the phobia and panic attacks. The appointment is in one month from now. Is this Renax drug suitable also for phobias, social phobias and panic attack also? How much maximum pills i can take per day? Now i’m taking half pill of a whole pill that is 0.5mg per pill. Also in how much hours i can take another one? I want to take more per day
as alprazolam have immediate action.

A.

These questions would be best answered by your prescribing physician. Each person’s situation is different and the answers to your questions will be specific to you.

You mentioned feeling embarrassed about the prospect of meeting new friends. As you noted, this may be due to your untreated social phobia and panic attacks. Be certain to report your these symptoms to your doctor. He can’t treat symptoms that he doesn’t know you have. Once your symptoms are more under control the prospect of meeting new people should no longer frighten you.

If these issues continue to be a problem, then consider counseling. Medication helps to reduce or eliminate anxiety and counseling can teach you the skills necessary for social interaction. One without the other is often not enough. I would highly recommend it. Please take care.