Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Schizophrenia Issues

Schizophrenia Issues

Hello, First and foremost I am currently starting psychiatric care again after 7 years with a view to changing/increasing my medication. I am currently taking rispirodone 3mg once a day and I have been for 7 years. My condition makes me feel like everybody whether they are real people in my life or characters on a tv show or unknown voices in my head, they are all trying to navigate me through my life. It is a constant battle of good and bad and how i should lead my life and how i should feel about other people and situations. I try to stay away from news stories such as current affairs stories as I feel my unconscious thoughts about these topics are being constantly scrutinized and debated. Fortunately it does feel like these voices are trying to help not hinder, but I cant help but feel overwhelmed and unhappy and I long to return to some sense of normality. Do you know any other people who deal with similar issues and how do they cope with them?

Schizophrenia Issues

A.

There are many people who are dealing with similar issues. That is the nature of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. Fear and paranoia, among other symptoms, are what make the disorder sometimes difficult to manage.

Alternatively, this problem might be less about coping and more about needing to change your treatment regimen. You’ve been on the same medication and dosage for seven years. You might need a dosage change or even a different medicine. Discuss your options with your prescribing physician. He or she might have suggestions that could improve your symptoms.

You might also consider counseling. It would be helpful to have someone in your life, either a counselor or someone else you trusted, who you talk to when your symptoms worsen. It could help you stay grounded in reality and eliminate the symptoms when they arise. Many people find counseling to be a helpful addition to their medication. Please take care.

Schizophrenia Issues