Home » Parenting » Autism and Family Friends Not Understanding

Autism and Family Friends Not Understanding

Hello, I’m 26 with Aspergers or asd and my family friends I stay with have a bad habit of screaming at me, even their own daughter scolds me. I break down and cry when they do — they deal with mental health issues too — how do I handle this issue?

A.

I am very glad you have asked this question. I will encourage you to join the forums at PsychCentral that are specifically created for individuals with Aspergers. This will help you connect with a community of people who can offer you suggestions in hope to cope this this.