Home » Parenting » I Feel Something Is Wrong and My Parents Won’t Believe Me

I Feel Something Is Wrong and My Parents Won’t Believe Me

I don’t know what is happening to me, I have really bad depression and sometimes I just get all happy and excited about everything and then out of nowhere without reason I get too depressed, I used to consume drugs but I stop consuming a year ago, but it still feels like nothing is real, also I have attempted suicide like 5 times, I feel like I’m losing my mind, I feel like I’m in a movie or everything is a dream, also I have really weird thoughts like torturing people or so, I cant control my mood swings, they just happen out of nowhere anytime anywhere, a few years ago I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with bipolar disorder but my mom said taking pills wont help at all, although they were helping me feel kind of better and control those episodes when I get all euphoric and crazy and the thing is my parents don’t believe me but I know myself I know something is wrong, what should I do? (From Mexico)

A.

Your mom is wrong about this. She may have an opinion about it, but your own experience confirms the truth she cannot know — that you feel better. I would contact the doctor and ask for his or her help in convincing your mom to experiment with medicine for a while, then re-evaluate.

While I understand your mom’s point of view, leaving you untreated isn’t okay. Give the doctor a call and ask for help.