Home » Disorders » Depression » Self-Harm, Violent Thoughts, Sadism

Self-Harm, Violent Thoughts, Sadism

From the United Kingdom: Ok, I’m having an issue with my mental health (I am seeing a counselor but that’s in three months and I’m a little desperate). I’m having violent thoughts and I’m enjoying it, I hurt myself because it feels good and I want to hurt others as weird as this sounds I want to show them the good feeling. The only reason I don’t is because of the Law, I’m incredibly manipulative to the point of driving my brother out of my home and to his father’s. I don’t have a diagnosis but I’m hoping you could give me an idea of what this could be. there are a few other things such as the urge to hurt animals but this started recently.

Self-Harm, Violent Thoughts, Sadism

A.

Thanks for reaching out about these very difficult feelings. I am sorry that they are making you wait and am glad you realize that this isn’t something you want to hold onto for three months. I have two recommendation. First, I would use our forums to talk with others who are struggling to cope with their thoughts. This can give you some immediate access to people who care and may be able to help.

Secondly, if the thoughts and discomfort get to be too much bring yourself into an emergency room at a local hospital and tell them what you have told me here. At the very least this will get you an evaluation and hopefully speed up the process of getting therapy. The diagnosis isn’t as important as what this struggle feels like to you. You took a brave and courageous step by reaching out here. Use the forums and your local hospital if the wait for a counselor is too long.

Self-Harm, Violent Thoughts, Sadism