Home » Personality » I Think I’m Developing Split Personality

I Think I’m Developing Split Personality

From Kuwait: I’m not so good at describing what I feel but I’ll try my best. I’ve had depression for several years now I told my mom since a couple of times but she keeps on convincing me it’s hormones so I just went with it and tried to accept it, she didn’t quite believe me because I never show it, I never show that side of me to anyone. But when I tried to convince myself I had no depression I started feeling like I wasn’t myself each time sliding from happiness to pain of depression and something traumatic happened to me that made me think all the time that I’m just dreaming, I stayed this way for months. I bit my hand each second just to believe I’m really living I was on the edge of breaking down I wanted to suicide. Anyway I got over it but from long ago I always talk to myself it’s something usual for me and I think it’s normal but what made it stop being normal was when I started thinking that I have an other me inside of myself who wants to get me and hurt me and do all it can just to break me. I talk to myself as if I’m talking to her, which is my other evil self. My other evil self is also so sexual and impure not like me my complete opposite she’s just a psycho. I started hurting myself because of thinking I have to punish myself for the things she had made me do. Well they aren’t big deal just stuff I as a religious person don’t do or forbidden to do. However, I never let it show in public but sometimes I snap and talk to myself in public and everyone looks at me in a weird way. I know can’t even trust my own thoughts. I’m scared to be loosing my sanity. Do I need help?

A.

Yes — It is time to get advice from a professional. The fact that this is bothering you so much and you are worried about how to control it is important to pay attention to. In your email, you mentioned trauma, suicidal thoughts, depression, evil/sexual thoughts, self-injury, talking to yourself in public, and fear of losing your sanity. These are powerful indications that something is amiss.
Clinical psychologists or psychiatrists are qualified to do an evaluation. This can help with figuring out what is going on and the best ways to address it.