Home » Am I Going Crazy?

Am I Going Crazy?

Since I was 14 I used to have anxiety and worries. These made me think that I was sick. I used to visit hospitals and checking my health. Over the years I’ve develop different kinds of symptoms. These days I feel confused/frustrated all the time and detached from reality the same time. I also sometimes feel like parts of my body are not mine. My balance is kinda messed up as well. Headaches have been really decreased and that’s the only positive on my progress, I guess.

Dunno if it is anxiety or if I’m going crazy. Btw I’m also very sensitive and I can’t stare too much in one thing. For example while I’m playing pc for hours sometimes my eyes start blurring/darkening.

My question: By feeling confused, detached and the others stuff I said above am I going crazy?

Am I Going Crazy?

A.

It’s difficult to know what might be wrong. You described having anxiety and being worried about your health. You might potentially have an anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders are quite common. Without treatment they can worsen and become a major problem in one’s life. The good news is that anxiety is a highly treatable condition.

Any time you are experiencing concerning symptoms, you should seek an evaluation from a professional. You should make an appointment with your primary care physician and report your symptoms. Ask your parents for their assistance. When you meet with the physician, report everything you have written in this letter.

Your primary care physician might refer you to a mental health professional. Mental health professionals treat anxiety disorders with counseling. You might also ask about taking medication if your anxiety is overwhelming. Counseling and medication are helpful for treating anxiety. I hope this helps you to proceed. Please take care.

Am I Going Crazy?