Home » Disorders » Autism » Have I Got Asperger’s Syndrome?

Have I Got Asperger’s Syndrome?

The issues I face:
Unable to understand sarcasm
Confusion caused by changes in routine and position of things
Struggle to keep eye contact
Overwhelmed easily by crowds (especially unorganised queues)
strict routines (even if they don’t make sense)
Picks up small details such as license plates on cars
Easily distracted by things
Flat footed
Immature at times
Weird sense of humour
Social awkwardness ( I hate small talk and circumstances that put me in the spotlight)
Repetitive motions (clicking fingers)
Mocking others (dancing like dans seen on music videos, talking like others)
Have short term but huge obsessions and collect facts on these obsessions
Random facts
Emotional immaturity
Saying something doesn’t meet my intention
Can get irritatedreally easily (noises, crowds, loud music)
Weird sense of humour
Weird walk
Terrible short term memory but superb long term memory
I’m an introvert
Strict fashion and food preferences
Hate certain feelings and sounds (greasiness, scraping sound)
Better working as an individual than working as a group
Lack of social rules(interrupt people a lot, get a bit too close to people, go on and on)
Monotone voice

I did go to the local doctors about it in October and they said I didn’t have it but I don’t feel normal despite being told that I don’t have it. (From England).

Have I Got Asperger’s Syndrome?

A.

The fact that you are not feeling okay is important for you to honor. Perhaps the collection of concerns doesn’t meet a specific criteria for a certain diagnosis, but your distress is real.

Rather than focusing on a specific diagnosis for right now, you may want to find practitioners who can help directly — in an applied way — for dealing with these symptoms. As an example: a group therapy program for adolescents would be very beneficial for helping with many of the items on your list.

Have I Got Asperger’s Syndrome?