Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationships » Sexuality » Straight Guy with Male & Female Foot Fetish

Straight Guy with Male & Female Foot Fetish

When I was younger in the 5th grade, I had a foot fetish for guys and girls feet, but now my fetish is more focused on women’s feet. I managed to smell the shoes and socks of girls’ and guys’ feet, however when it comes to guys feet I never had any emotional or sexual attraction for the person just their feet. I am mostly attracted to women throughout my life, but remembering the past I am scared that I am bisexual and this is something that I don’t want because it’s just not me. Is it possible for a straight person to have a foot fetish for guys’ and girls’ feet, if so does that make me bisexual? My fetish is now more focused on girls’ feet and and I don’t find any guys feet attractive anymore, is it possible for fetishes to go away as well? I considered myself straight because I like women more. Thanks.

A.

Just because you were once attracted to men’s feet does not mean that you are gay. If you’re not sexually attracted to men, then you’re not gay.

Feet are not in and of themselves a sexual object. They become sexual objects through the development of a fetish. No one is quite certain how a fetish develops, but we know that foot fetishes are quite common. Having a foot fetish doesn’t mean that you are gay, bisexual or deviant.

It’s also important to address the notion that being gay is something to be feared. Some men are particularly sensitive to being perceived as gay. Being gay is no different than being straight. Please take care.