Home » Victim of a Sociopath

Victim of a Sociopath

I have broken up with my ex girlfriend who I consider to be a sociopath through research I’ve done on the subject after she left. I found she has a criminal record and I’m talking to police about her illegal activity while we were together, both against me and others. The problem I’m having is I don’t feel the authorities are taking the matters seriously and I think it’s because I’m a male and claiming to be a victim of her mental and verbal abuse. Is this common? Am I looking at an uphill battle and should I approach the police a certain way (other than being totally honest) to get my story heard?

Victim of a Sociopath

A.

Law and psychology overlap, but there is a world of difference in how behavior is looked at, understood, and managed. The question you are asking is a legal one rather than psychological. My best advice is to talk to a criminal attorney about the best way to proceed. This way you can find out what your rights are and what needs to be done.

Victim of a Sociopath