Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » I’m Very Nervous I Have Schizophrenia

I’m Very Nervous I Have Schizophrenia

Hi, I’m a freshman in high school and for a while — at around 6 or 7 years old I’ve been seeing and hearing strange things, such as gory things in my closet or hearing whispers. I think I might have schizophrenia and I haven’t told anyone, I don’t know if I should or if I can. But I guess I wanted someone who doesn’t know me ‘s advice on this one — Should I tell my parents or, I just don’t really know what to do at all I’m really confused. I’ve learned to kinda cope with it though, telling myself its not real and stuff, But yeah I would really like someone’s opinion on what I should do…

I’m Very Nervous I Have Schizophrenia

A.

Before I could know if you have schizophrenia or any other disorder, there’s more information that I would need to gather. For example, how often do you experience these symptoms? Have they worsened since you first began to experience them? How much do they interfere with your life? Do they prohibit your ability to function? Do they prohibit you from going to school? Are they affecting your sleep? Are the things you hear familiar to you? What things do you see and are they the same as when you were a young child? The answers to those questions would help me to know what might be wrong.

Generally speaking, any time you’re experiencing concerning symptoms you should consult a professional. Ask your parents for their assistance. Once you’ve had an evaluation, the counselor will know what might be wrong and more importantly, how to treat it.

It was wise of you to write to us at Psych Central. Your next steps should involve speaking to your parents, asking for their assistance and meeting with a counselor. I hope this helps you to know how to proceed. Please take care.

I’m Very Nervous I Have Schizophrenia