Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationships » Sexuality » Sexual Feelings Interfere with Studying

Sexual Feelings Interfere with Studying

From India: i am preparing for a difficult exam. my future depends on the exam. i am thinking always to score well. but some sexual thoughts are disturbing me. i am always tries to focus on studies. for 2 or 3 days i am on the track after i disturbed.
again i retrieved and i start studies after 2 days again i disturbed. this is happening to me like a recursive system. i observed that my brain not capturing with high speed like before. my parents are expecting something better result from me. due to this problem i am going to depression. please solve my problem as early as possible with best suggestion.
thank you sir.

Sexual Feelings Interfere with Studying

A.

I wish I could solve your problem with a letter ,but all I can do is give you a few ideas to think about.

You didn’t give me much information to go on, but I’m wondering if the sexual thoughts not only provide a distraction but may also be a way to relax. Masturbation is a very effective anti-anxiety technique. However, it is not long-acting, even though it can be very habit-forming.

I think you should address your anxieties about your studies — and your future — directly. Are you invested in the future you have planned or have your parents chosen a career for you that you don’t really want to do? Are you worried about letting your parents down? Are you concerned that you won’t be successful if you actually do launch into the career?

Answers to these kinds of questions may help you figure out what you are avoiding with the sexual thoughts and even the depression.

Sexual Feelings Interfere with Studying