Home » Anxiety » Shadow People & Worry/Fear

Shadow People & Worry/Fear

For the past year now I have been seeing “shadowy beings” in the corner of my eyes. Whenever I turn to look at the shadow it disappears. Whenever I sorta see the shadow I also get the feeling that I am being watched. This has caused me to put tape over my phone camera. Along with the realization that I am seeing this thing, my fear and worry has grown so much.
I knew that I had depression for a few years now, but I only realized I had anxiety recently. What is this shadow figure that I think I am seeing? Is this associated with anxiety or something more? For the record, I have realized that I notice this shadow thing during breaks when I’m not in school (which is extremely stressful) and when I ask others if they ever feel like they are being watched, they all say no.

Shadow People & Worry/Fear

A.

It would be helpful to have a physical examination. You’re assuming that the shadows are evidence of a psychological problem but you can’t be certain until you have an examination. For instance, an ophthalmologist can rule out eye problems and a neurologist can rule out physical problems in the brain.

You should also consult a mental health professional. You have had depression “for years” and are now experiencing anxiety. The fact that you continue to experience these symptoms might suggest that you are lacking coping skills. You could learn coping skills in counseling.

You did the right thing by writing. Your symptoms are concerning. Your next step should be addressing your symptoms with your parents and asking for their assistance. Don’t ignore your symptoms. Depression and anxiety often require treatment. Both are highly treatable conditions but only if you’re willing to seek help. Please take care.

Shadow People & Worry/Fear