Home » Anger Toward Husband

Anger Toward Husband

My husband has depressive disorder, panic disorder, and anorexia. He is quite literally getting on my last nerve. I get angry if he walks into the room. He is seeing a therapist and psychiatrist and is medicated. I know that he has illnesses, but I am feeling less loving as the days go by. He asks so many questions about his weight, he is insecure and constantly asking about if I love him or what has he done for me not to love. Usually, I am watching TV or cooking, or cleaning when these questions start. I haven’t said anything for him to feel this way. I know I should be patient with him, but I am finding it harder and harder to do. He has been off work since June and has a return to work date in February. I really need some help or advice or something. I myself have anxiety, but nothing like he experiences. I have been on xanax before, but not long term. I am just at a loss and feel like I am loosing my mind a little everyday. How can I get past this resentment or anger or whatever it is I am feeling? Please help me!

Anger Toward Husband

A.

I appreciate the difficulty of living with someone who is depressed and have two recommendations. First, self-care is the most important thing for you. Developing a plan that has your well-being in mind though exercise, good nutrition, developing your friendships — ANYTHING that puts you first and has you taking care of you — needs to become a priority.

Secondly, it may be time to consider couple therapy. If he is unwilling, then some individual therapy for you would be important.

Anger Toward Husband