Home » Ask the Therapist » Anger Issues Going on for 2 Years

Anger Issues Going on for 2 Years

For the past year, I have had terrible anger issues. I wake up moody and angry. Go to my brother’s room and start yelling at him for no reason. Or I just randomly decide that I hate my mom and dad. I start swearing at them and insulting them. It just seems that I need to find something to be angry at or I don’t feel at ease. Everywhere I go I always find a reason to be angry and it would be over stupid things like someone looked at me or was standing too close to me. Anything and everything pisses me off to the point that I hate going to public places or being around people because I know I will get extremely irritated. I was abused as a kid but don’t really think too much of it. In fact, I don’t remember much of it. I’m tired of feeling like this because I feel so guilty. Apologizing to those I’ve hurt is embarrassing because I can’t explain why I act the way I do.

Anger Issues Going on for 2 Years

A.

The fact that you are noticing this pattern developing in yourself is a good thing because it means that you see it as not okay and not the normal you. I think it would be a good idea to have some individual therapy around this issue. Until then I would make a chart of when you are feeling this way and when you are not. This will help the therapist begin looking for triggers for your anger.

Anger Issues Going on for 2 Years