Home » Ask the Therapist » Lacking Communication Skills

Lacking Communication Skills

What type of psychologist, counselor, therapist should a single woman who can never open up and communicated her feelings in a relationship see?

I have tried Googling this and my search isn’t producing results that apply at all.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Lacking Communication Skills

A.

I appreciate you reaching out and asking. The reason you aren’t finding anyone is that most therapists are trained to help people learn how to express feelings. It wouldn’t necessarily be a specialty.

What will work is you finding a supportive therapist who is non-judgmental and easy to talk to. He or she will likely be a good person to chat with. I recommend making 2 or 3 appointments with 2 or 3 different therapists — and then choose the one you feel best with.

Lacking Communication Skills