Home » I Have Made Poor Drastic Decisions & I Don’t Know Why

I Have Made Poor Drastic Decisions & I Don’t Know Why

Throughout my life, I have made very poor decisions. Not the type where you will tell a white lie,now or then. for example, I have stolen multiple times. I have lied constantly. when I was 20, my dad bought me a brand new car. in like 3 months, I traded it in for another car. I have stolen money from my parents, and felt bad, but kept doing it. I have cheated on my boyfriend 3 times, and one of the people I cheated on him with, was for money. because I didn’t want to burden my dad or boyfriend by asking them for money. i don’t know why i do the things i do. is something wrong with me?? because i feel bad after i do the things i do. but sometimes its like a switch, and i do it without thinking of the consequences. anyway, the reason im writing this is i want to know if there is a disorder out there that makes this happen. please help. i don’t want to hurt the people i love anymore.

A.

Knowing why you engage in these behaviors is less important than is learning to correct them. Once you become aware of your problematic behavior, it should be easier to change them but you still may need assistance.

Mental health treatment could help you tremendously. Whenever you have a problem that you cannot solve on your own, you should seek professional help. A therapist could assist you in correcting your behavior.

Your seeking treatment would also demonstrate, to your loved ones, that you are sincerely trying to correct your problems. A sincere effort to change involves you actively participating in treatment and sticking with it for however long it takes to make positive changes in your life.

Assuredly, your loved ones would appreciate your sincerest efforts to change. If you’re willing to participate in treatment, then you should expect a positive result. Please take care.