Home » Is this Possible Schizophrenia or Puberty?

Is this Possible Schizophrenia or Puberty?

Hello there…I am a 15 year old female…I just started high school in my country and here for the past 5 months I have been dealing with a serious problem…You see I tend to hear voices every single day. It wasn’t that much of a problem before..But it sure is now…I hear them INSIDE of my head although sometimes I can HEAR them with my ears. But only a few words such as “never” “die” “kill” or even a yell. Most of the time though they tend to be internal.I repeat they are NOT my voice. They consist of a female voice with a british accent,who I call Mary, and a male voice I call Adonis. Adonis is really aggressive and mean to me and others. He tells me I’m a worthless person who was sent by him to kill as many as possible. I don’t listen to him of course. But it makes it really difficult for me to trust anyone. Mary is appearing much less than Adonis but she can make everything shake. It feels like the earth is moving, I tend to twitch my body parts (etc: head,palms) and have an extreme anger for no reason at all. They say I got to do what they tell me in order to survive. Adonis says he will hurt me and Mary tells me she’ll possess me. Sometimes I tend to see Mary walk around in reflections of almost anything and even get a glimpse of her in the corner of my eye. I often tend to confuse what’s real and what’s not..I feel lost. I have also never done drugs or have I ever done alcohol abuse. I just want help and answers…I am also scared of my parents finding out. The voices tell me that they’ll hurt me and that they put someone to watch me. Spy on me. And kill me. I know they aren’t real.But I can’t take it anymore. Please please help me.

A.

I would agree that the voices you described are concerning. You don’t recognize them, and they are oppressive and mean. I understand that you are fearful of reporting your symptoms, but you must tell your parents. Keeping this a secret will only make your situation worse.

If you feel uncomfortable speaking to your parents, then give them this letter. If that does not work, then speak to the school guidance counselor or a trusted faculty member. They should be able to help you.

There are effective treatments that can reduce or eliminate the voices, but you can only access those treatments if you reveal your symptoms. Don’t let fear hold you back from seeking the necessary treatment that could eliminate these symptoms from your life. Please take care.