Home » Disorders » Depression » Anxiety/Depression Problems

Anxiety/Depression Problems

From a teenager in the U.S.: About a year ago, I moved from Tennessee back to the state I was born in. It wasn’t until then, that I began to notice more and really start to understand why I have never felt normal. I believe I have some kind of Anxiety and/or Depression problem. I have yet to see a professional, but I plan on it soon. As of right now, I’m looking for some uplifting advice to get me through until then. I’ve struggled with these issues my whole life. I’m just now realizing what it is and how it has affected me. As I go on in life, I’m struggling more than I should with who I am, and what to do. I’ve hit rock bottom and I’m down to the point where I literally can only say,”I just don’t know anymore”.

My parents have been separated since before my birth. I see my dad every now and then, and If I’m lucky, He will text me happy birthday when it’s applicable. There are times where I blame myself for him not speaking to me, even after I’ve told him how his actions (as a father) have hurt me. This is only the beginning.

It’s always been hard to me to talk to other people and make friends. It’s starting to get in the way of my life and everything else. I’m losing control and I keep wanting to give up and quit everything. I have such a hard time dealing with this and I don’t know what to do. School, and work, are hard to handle sometimes. I know it’s stupid, but I’m always afraid to go and ask my boss anything I need to know because I’m always afraid of looking like I’m dumb. I can’t live a normal life because I can’t even ask for help in school or call companies to pay bills because my temperature rises, I begin to feel numb, and breathing becomes difficult.

I have come to a point in life where I’m ready to just lay it all down and say goodbye. I feel alone, lost, and empty. I just can’t stop worrying about everything and feeling disappointed in myself for being everything that I am. I’m tired of hating myself, being so afraid of simple tasks, and I’m tired of trying. I’m so sick of feeling the way that I do. I need your help

Anxiety/Depression Problems

A.

What are you waiting for? Stop thinking about seeing a professional and make an appointment — please. There is no need for you to go on suffering so terribly.

Your issues are making it hard for you to manage life. You are not stupid. You are not dumb. You are showing symptoms of depression and anxiety. That is nothing to be ashamed of.

As you have already discovered, you have not been able to heal on your own. You are too discouraged. That is also not something to be ashamed of. It’s unreasonable to expect yourself to pull yourself out of a depression without training or support. A therapist will help you understand yourself and will provide the guidance you need to feel better.

While waiting for your appointment: Please make sure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Eat reasonably well. Cut out caffeine if you can. Take a walk outside or dance in the privacy of your room every day. Anything you do to take care of your body will help your mental outlook.

Anxiety/Depression Problems