Home » When to Further Taper Down the Medication Latuda?

When to Further Taper Down the Medication Latuda?

I suffered from anxiety, depression, and am considered bipolar I. I went from 4 meds to 1 when I started taking Latuda 40 mg back in June 2014. Wishing to have another baby now that I was 38. Did TMS, neurofeedback and started tapering Latuda.

I am pregnant and my 3rd trimester starts end of Nov. I wish to have stopped Latuda completely by then. Today I am taking care of daughter, doing all the cooking and housework with much pleasure. I am also getting ready for a state exam. I feel wonderful without the family that was living in my house for last 2 years and getting into fights with me daily by putting me down.

I am working with a Psychiatrist who said for me to stop completely in Dec 2014. But I wanted to taper down and she is letting me follow my own self. Please tell me when can I further reduce Latuda? (age 39, from US)

A.

Thank you for writing in with your question but unfortunately those of us who answer questions on Ask can only give general (not specific) advice about medications. You need to speak again with your psychiatrist about how best to taper down from this medication. I would also recommend that you speak with you obstetrician and have these two doctors coordinate your care.

I’m glad that you are doing much better and I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.