Home » Ask the Therapist » I Would Like a Diagnosis

I Would Like a Diagnosis

I don’t think like other people around me do or at least how I believe they do. I do not see things as good or bad but just how they were always going to be, in a sort of predestination way of thinking, although God and religion is highly illogical and I therefore choose to think that people were instead born with their brain uniquely configured so that it has already been decided what action you will take in any given instance. That is beside the point. Basically I lack empathy and a moral compass. If it matters, I also believe that I have severe Narcissism as I believe that I am one of the smartest people in the world and that I have yet to meet someone that is superior to me. So basically, what could I be diagnosed with, why, and where can I find more information on this.

I Would Like a Diagnosis

A.

Individuals who lack empathy and a moral compass could have conduct disorder or many other diagnoses or maybe none at all. A diagnosis can never be made based on a letter or over the internet

Mental health professionals are also reluctant to diagnose young adults. That’s because adolescence is a time of many changes. Even though you might feel one way now you might not feel that same way in a year.

In order to know if you have a diagnosable condition, I would need to collect many details about your life circumstances. Without that information, it is simply impossible to know what is wrong.

I would recommend consulting a mental health professional (in-person) who can interview you at length. Ask your parents if they would assist you. If you feel that you can’t ask your parents for help, then speak to the school counselor. It’s good that you are asking these kinds of questions. Your next steps should involve your parents and mental health professionals. I wish you the best of luck. Please take care.

I Would Like a Diagnosis