Home » Feelings of Rejection and Extreme Fatigue

Feelings of Rejection and Extreme Fatigue

I am infertile women facing scorn and contempt from the family despite trying to treat the condition but in vain. My adolescent life being a multi-sexual-partnership period is also a stigma on me. I feel that nobody is sympathetic to me and my circumstances are like a divine wrath. How can I get rid of these feelings which have put my life in an agonizing state? Some Doctors are treating me for anxiety and am on medicines. (age 43, from Pakistan)

A.

I’m sorry that you have found yourself in this position. I’m glad that you are seeing a doctor but I hope that you are also seeing a therapist. Medication is great for helping deal with psychological symptoms, but is doesn’t teach you how to deal with family judgments, cultural limitations and self-esteem issues. Please seek out a therapist who is familiar with your particular cultural norms and expectations so that you can feel good about yourself, regardless of what others may think.