Home » Bipolar Disorder » Pyromania Getting Worse

Pyromania Getting Worse

I’ve had Pyromania for a few years now back when I first suspected I had it I was obsessed with WW1 and WW2 weapons especially the incendiary weaponry I was in love with it and I started burning bits of paper nothing serious.

A little while after that I started burning shirts and other items of clothing that no longer fit me along with piles of paper and even full books I no longer read, But recently I’ve started using gasoline, kerosene, oil and basically anything flammable I can find. The adrenaline rush I feel when I light the fire is indescribable, I just keep burning bigger and bigger things I’ve even considered committing arson just to get an even bigger high from the adrenaline.

A part of me doesn’t want to get this fixed but I know it’s not healthy which is why i’m here, any advice you have would be appreciated. (From Canada)

Pyromania Getting Worse

A.

I admire the courage you takes to ask for help. It sounds like it is getting worse — and the fact that you want to stop is an important element in healing.

Because you list your age of 16 I would highly recommend you talk to parents about getting some therapy. This is the right time to correct this. Writing us was a great first step — now you want to talk to a therapist that can help you get yourself under control.

Pyromania Getting Worse