Home » Disorders » Depression » What Should I Do about My Depression?

What Should I Do about My Depression?

From a teen in Germany: Hi. I’ve been feeling depressed lately. All I want to do is to lay in my bed, drink, smoke and hope to die. I don’t wanna kill myself or anything, i just want to die somehow. And that thought, that i have to get up and pretend in front of everybody that im fine makes it even worse. What should i do?

What Should I Do about My Depression?

A.

I’m very sorry you are feeling so hopeless. It sounds terrible. Please make an appointment with a mental health counselor immediately. There is no reason to continue feeling this way. Help is available but you have to get yourself to a helper. As much as I’d like to ease your pain, all I can do in this format is offer you sympathy and prod you to take care of yourself by getting competent help.

What Should I Do about My Depression?