Home » I Think I Might Be Developing Schizophrenia

I Think I Might Be Developing Schizophrenia

Basically, I started failing college, badly. i had zero motivation and i would just sit there in lessons completely zoned out and if i wasnt in lessons, i would just sit at home and skive. i finished that school year with 4 U’s and i never really knew why i didnt want to go in. i would start having arguments with my parents for no reason , all the time. and i would take offence or be defensive whenever they asked anything about me from how was college or how was your day. i used to go out with my friends a lot, but i now spend a lot of time in my room on my laptop, but even when i do go out, i find it very very hard to keep a conversation going, and if i either drink or smoke weed, i just go into a completely depressed state and will not talke at all. i also suffer from insomnia. i will sometimes stay up until 4:00 am , but just because i cant stop thinking about things. i will start getting myself all worked up, almost paranoid, i dont really know why, i just wont stop thinking and that stops me from falling asleep. i dont show emotion to my parents much, and when i do i fake it, because i really dont care, i just come back from college and go straight into my room , and only come down for food. when i argue with my parents, i would go crazy. i would scream and shout, then i would break down and cry My parents are always having a go at me because i either dont attend college or im staying up, or im just being rude, but after all these things happen, i think why did i do that, i would never do that, i dont want to that!. but i just cant seem to stop it. Im really scared and i want answers, beacause i can see how ive changed and i think thats what freaks me out the most. i have looked up the negative symptoms of schizophrenia and i am sure that i show all. i dont hallucinate but i do come some up with ridiculous reasons to why people are acting how they are, like why someone wont come out. anyway, please help, im scared.

A.

I’m sorry that you’re having these problems. It’s difficult to know what might be wrong but the fact that you are using illicit substances further complicates your situation. In all likelihood, they are exacerbating your symptoms and it would be in your best interest to avoid them entirely. Substance use can only make things worse.

The most responsible course of action, is to consult a mental health professional. He or she can determine if you are in the early stages of a psychotic episode. If so, treatment could prevent the development of a full-blown psychotic episode. When it comes to psychosis, early treatment is imperative. The earlier disorders like schizophrenia are detected and treated, the better the prognosis.

You want to do everything in your power to prevent the development of a possible psychotic disorder. Contact your local mental health providers and seek help immediately. When it comes to possible psychotic disorders, time is of the essence. Don’t hesitate to write again if you have additional questions. Please take care.