Home » Relationships » Sexuality » Guilty Feeling for Intimacy with Wife’s Sister

Guilty Feeling for Intimacy with Wife’s Sister

From India: I am feeling guilty about being intimate with my relative. I was seen as an ideal person but that moment demolished my image in front of my relative.

I have even apologised to my relative however she is trying to avoid me. I feel ashamed and want to bring back that momentum before that incident where I was seen as an ideal person.

I am not able to focus on my work and scared to share with my wife as I dont want to lose her.

Please advise how to cope with this situation to move on.

A.

You’ve given yourself a hard lesson on what it means to break trust with people you love. Your sister-in-law is equally guilty. My guess is that she is avoiding you because she doesn’t want to be reminded that she betrayed her sister. It will take a lot of time for the two of you to repair the damage.

As for telling your wife: She is likely to find out. It is better that she hear it from you than from her sister or someone else. Take full responsibility for your behavior. No one but you made the decision to be intimate. I hope she will listen to the fact that you don’t want to lose her. I hope the two of you can make this an opportunity to make your relationship stronger instead of a reason to part.