Home » Experiencing an Urge to Kill

Experiencing an Urge to Kill

For some reason every since I was a child I had these strange urges. When I was a child I use to hurt animals and I liked it. Now since I’m older I’ve just been having fantasies and daydreams in my head of killing people, probably about an eighth of my day. I don’t know if I’m a sociopath or a psychopath, only people that I can feel for is my mother and grandmother. I don’t want to tell any of them because it would terrify them. I just don’t know what to do anymore, except ask someone on here.

Experiencing an Urge to Kill

A.

It’s not normal to want to kill people. Nor is it normal to hurt animals and to like it. These types of fantasies and behaviors indicate that something may be wrong.

People who have these types of fantasies should receive help. They are not okay. The more they continue, the more likely it is that you might consider acting on them.

If you were to act on these fantasies, it would not only ruin the lives of other people but your life and the lives of your family. You would likely go to prison for the rest of your life and may even face execution. In prison, you would have little to no contact with your family and you would suffer tremendously. There’s nothing good about being in prison.

Understandably, you don’t want to upset or frighten your family but it’s imperative that you ask for help. You don’t have to tell them why you want help; they may not need to know the details but you should find a way to speak to a professional about these urges. A school counselor may be able to help.

Counseling could eliminate these urges. Seeking professional help would be the most responsible course of action.

Finally, if you feel as though you might harm yourself or someone else, go to the hospital or call 911. Emergency officials can protect you from doing something destructive. Please take care.

Experiencing an Urge to Kill