Home » Difficulty Remembering

Difficulty Remembering

Once in awhile I find that I can’t remember things and wonder if certain things really happened. I took the test about dissociation and I scored 72%. I feel like I am just one person though. I was in foster care and I know I was abused and neglected because of reports, but I don’t really remember, I was really young. Do you know what the treatment is for this? Could it be something else?

Difficulty Remembering

A.

Thanks for sending us your email. It must be frustrating to have these memory lapses and to not know what’s causing them. I think the best place to begin is with a neurologist or neuropsychologist. These specialists can help to pinpoint where the issue may be. I believe the evaluations offered by the physician or the psychologist will give you a clearer understanding of what the cause is — and the best route for treatment.

Difficulty Remembering