Home » Depression » Depression & Suicidal Thoughts

Depression & Suicidal Thoughts

I’ve been depressed almost everyday for the past 2 months. I feel that nothing goes well for me, my friends and my family both don’t care about me, they don’t love me. And I’m currently studying abroad, I have only few friends here and they only come to me when they need me. My dad is quite a successful business man and I don’t want to disappoint him so I’m always wanting to get good results. But no my results’re very bad. My emotions and thoughts are affecting me so badly, I can’t even concentrate on my studies. I started having suicidal thoughts 3 weeks ago. I feel that I’m a waste of oxygen. I always refuse to listen to happy songs, I seem to fall in love with anything that can make me sad. I don’t even want to try to be happy anymore because everytime when I try to be happy, bad things happen. How do i stop thinking so negatively? It’s so hard to be happy knowing that the people i love and care for, don’t care even if they know I’m depressed or sad.

Depression & Suicidal Thoughts

A.

When people are depressed, they tend to view the world through a lens of negativity. That’s part of the insidious nature of the disorder. It clouds one’s judgment which is why it’s always wise to seek professional help.

When trying to overcome negative thoughts, it’s always important to focus on reality. You might “feel that nothing goes well” for you but objectively, is that the case? Just because you feel that way doesn’t make it true. Feelings are not great indicators of the truth.

You are currently studying abroad and don’t seem to have much support. If you were home, you would probably have more support and feel less depressed.

Suicidal thoughts always need to be taken seriously. I’m not sure what the mental health system is like where you at but you should try to seek help. If it becomes too overwhelming, then consider returning home. Your current living situation, to some degree, may be contributing to your depression.

You should make your family aware of how you are feeling. They may be able to help.

Finally, if you feel that you might harm yourself, call for emergency assistance. Emergency personnel can protect you until you feel more stable. Please take care.

Depression & Suicidal Thoughts