Home » Anxiety » Anxiety & Obsession

Anxiety & Obsession

I have been dealing with anxiety and depression pretty much my whole life. My heart starts racing and I feel dizzy with headaches and neck pain. Depression as I feel very lonely and upset all the time even though my life is perfect. I do not share my emotions to people I don’t know why it was always hard for me to talk about how I feel to people I care and stay silent. It’s like I have a dark personality even though I feel emotions deeply sometimes I feel heartache or choking feeling when I am not able to cry alone at night. Recently I have had a surgical biopsy and after that I have been feeling much more depressed than what I suffered before for almost 12 years . Apart from these I have been watching a movie every single day for the past 10 days and everytime I do I bawl like crazy and this gives me more anxiety and heartache. I don’t understand what does it mean I have no personal similarity with the movie at all like nothing but why it makes me break down and why do I have to watch it everyday? Oh and I have a self harming history which I overcame but I still have the urge sometimes. Please help me.

Anxiety & Obsession

A.

You seem to be experiencing symptoms of depression and anxiety but to know with certainty, you should undergo an evaluation with a mental health professional. He or she would be in the best position to determine a definitive diagnosis.

Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental health disorders. They also tend to go hand-in-hand.

Your feeling dizzy with headaches and neck pain might be indicative of anxiety but could also be the result of a medical problem. Medical problems should be ruled out before considering psychological causes.

Contact your primary care physician about your symptoms. He or she could assess your symptoms and refer you to a mental health professional.

I receive many questions from people who say that they’ve suffered with psychological problems for many years, sometimes their entire lives. It doesn’t have to be this way. Anxiety and depression are both highly treatable conditions. Study after study has showed that medication and counseling can effectively reduce or eliminate anxiety and depression symptoms.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Depression and anxiety symptoms diminish the quality of your life. Without treatment, you will likely continue to experience a diminished quality of life. If you’re willing to participate in treatment and are working with a competent mental health professional, you should expect a significant reduction in your symptoms and thus a better quality of life. Help is available if you choose to utilize it. Please take care.

Anxiety & Obsession