Home » Whats My Diagnostic?

Whats My Diagnostic?

From Canada: I’m a 14 year old guy and about 3 months ago i started to get angry for no reason then i’d be laughing or i’d laugh for no reason. When I’m outside I have thoughts to harm others brutally i also get paranoid whenever someone I don’t know comes close to me. My father had bipolar disorder however he died 7 months ago and my friends tell my that I’m depressed because I don’t talk about my feelings.

Whats My Diagnostic?

A.

I don’t have enough information to make a diagnosis but here’s something to think about: Grief takes many forms. It’s possible that what you are experiencing is a result of repressing your feelings about the loss of your father. Even if you and he weren’t the best of friends, you may have unresolved feelings about him and your relationship that are coming out in the form of free floating anger and thoughts about aggression.

Your friends may be right. I suggest you talk to a caring adult or therapist about this. Unresolved grief can get in the way of future relationships and can contribute to emotional fragility. You deserve some support while you figure it out.

Whats My Diagnostic?