Home » Disorders » Bipolar Disorder » Do I Have Cyclothymia?

Do I Have Cyclothymia?

I’ve been doing research on mental issues, due to emotional and psychological problems I think I might have been experiencing since the beginning of Summer. I took several online quizzes (Which I understand aren’t the most reliable of resources) and I was shown results that may indicate I have Bipolar II. After looking into the topic further, cyclothymia seemed like a far more accurate diagnosis. I would like an opinion from an expert though, as I can sometimes be a hypochondriac at times. Thank you.

Do I Have Cyclothymia?

A.

It’s impossible to provide a diagnosis over the Internet, especially with such limited information. It is wise, however, to inquire about whether or not a condition is present when experiencing concerning symptoms.

You described yourself as sometimes being a hypochondriac. That, in and of itself, might be an indicator of anxiety. Anxiety is a state of being nervous, uneasy or apprehensive about an event or outcome in the future. Unchecked anxiety can develop into a disorder.

If you are concerned about your symptoms, consult a mental health professional. He or she will evaluate whether or not your symptoms warrant a diagnosis.

It’s good that you are aware of your potential problems and are actively seeking information. Your next step is to seek treatment if you continue to be concerned. If a disorder is present, it’s always best to treat it sooner rather than later. Both counseling and medication have strong evidence-based track records in the treatment of mood and nervous disorders. Please take care.

Do I Have Cyclothymia?