Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » I’m Suffering from Schizotypal Personality Disorder

I’m Suffering from Schizotypal Personality Disorder

I’ve been diagnosed with schizotypal personality disorder by a psychotherapist 4 years ago. Recently, I have discontinued therapy because of money reasons. Sometimes I feel like lines in the books are written about me, or the characters in the book are old friends who can’t remember me. I believe that other people have a device that read and transmit thoughts from my mind, and that people can deliver hostile messages to my brain. I feel as I am trapped in another body and the longer I stay in it, the more chance parts of my body become repulsive.
I often feel like people are out to get me and they want me dead. There are invisible cameras that track and comment on my every move. All men in the world are violent and all women are emotionally manipulative; governments are always malevolent.
I don’t have any close friends at all. People scare me because they are so evil, they always plan something bad against me.
I’ve quit all forms of therapy and medicine because of financial reasons and I cannot continue it at all. I have went to four seasons and I was prescribed some medicine but I couldn’t purchase them. My money problems got worst after that and I couldn’t continue therapy.
What should I do? (From Dubai)

A.

Thank you for writing us and discussing these difficult issues. You describe yourself as a first year university student. Since your ending therapy was for financial reasons, I would reconsider as your university will have a free counseling center. It is important for you to speak with them as soon as possible to arrange for services. The university is invested and helping you succeed and through their counseling services should be able to help with both therapy and if need be- medicine.