Home » Severe Confusion

Severe Confusion

I’m a 20-year-old young lady with a messed up mind. I think I completely lack self-confidence. Always feel that urge to cry, be angry, and just wanna pick up a fight with anyone. Ive been trying to hold myself together and make of myself a more composed person, but it feels like my own thoughts and feelings are out of my control. It feels like I’m emotionally unstable. My answer to lots of questions lately is, “I don’t know.” I always don’t know what to feel or how to think. All what I want is just to feel happy. And I can’t even tell what’s wrong with. I didn’t use to be that confused person. Is it likely that I suffer from borderline personality disorder? I read about it, and took the test and it says “likely.” but I need a therapist opinion about this. Is it really serious or maybe I’m just going through some tough phase of my life? May it be some anxiety and depression or even over-sensitivity? Thank you so much.

Severe Confusion

A.

I don’t have enough information to suggest a diagnosis. More information would be needed to determine what might be wrong. Your symptoms could be indicative of any number of disorders or perhaps none at all.

For example, people with depression often report the urge to cry. They can feel angry, short tempered and emotionally unstable.

But people also experience those same symptoms when they are sleep deprived or sick. Sleep deprivation causes moodiness. It is difficult to function without the proper amount of sleep.

When you notice that something is wrong, it’s always wise to seek help. Writing to us at Psych Central was a great first step. Your next step should be discussing your symptoms with a mental health professional. He or she will collect information about your symptoms and determine what might be wrong. The evaluator will also develop a comprehensive plan to treat your symptoms.

Mental health professionals want to help. All you have to do is ask. Please take care.

Severe Confusion