Home » Relationships » Sexuality » I Have Had Sexual Thoughts of Having Sex with Kids

I Have Had Sexual Thoughts of Having Sex with Kids

From a 15 year old boy in the U.S.: Pretty much I haven’t exactly felt any sexual desire to have intercourse with kids or anything but I have been feeling a tad bit uncomfortable when I see kids, I’m 15 and I have had sexual thoughts of having sex with kids like once or twice this month but I feel as if I’m just forcing myself to think about it, it’s as if I’m fixating myself on believing I’m a pedo even though I don’t feel anything sexual. Could it be that I’m just over-thinking it and that I’m just so anxious over the thought of being a pedophile that I’m having these thoughts. I in no way have any urge to have pedophilic sex, it’s just that I read that this is the peak age that pedophilic disorders start to occur and I guess I just began thinking it could be me.
It would really help me if you could reply because just worrying about something so destructive as pedophilia makes me so scared, and maybe you could put my mind at ease.

A.

Please read your own analysis. I tend to agree with you that you are over-thinking this. You have no sexual urges toward children. Telling yourself not to think about something is sure to make you think about it. If I told you that you absolutely, positively should never, ever think about white alligators, you’d probably start to think about them — at least for a while. If you are a suggestible person, that thinking could go on for quite a while.

You are at an age where curiosity about sex can be all consuming. It’s normal to be thinking about all sexual options, accepting some and rejecting others. You are doing the normal sorting that goes into figuring out who you are as a sexual being. Turn your attention to considering who among your peers you find attractive. Do a little flirting. The rest will come naturally.