Home » Anxiety » I Have Been Having Strange Bursts of Anxiety

I Have Been Having Strange Bursts of Anxiety

I have recently been having anxiety and or paranoia. I’ll start to feel like I don’t know what’s real and I’ll start thinking “what is life really” and deep thoughts like that. Sometimes for a split second I don’t know where I am. I believe its called depersonalization/de-realization. Also I have a constant fear of being drugged (LSD) which I have never even taken. I don’t do drugs. I am so afraid of my friends drugging me that I start thinking that they did, and my mind will actually trip out on its own and I’ll get minor visual hallucinations from my overthinking, like the ground will look swirly for a split second. I think my brain might be creating what I am afraid of. I think I try so hard to stick with reality and I am scared of losing my mind. Some days I’ll be fine and some days it’ll happen. I just want this to be over. But I am far from suicidal. I am feeling really dazed with college happening soon and that I feel weird about life. I just want the over thinking and my brain to stop creating hallucinogenic views. I am kinda in a panic right now and its happening that’s why i might seem jumbled.

A.

It is very hard to know exactly what may be causing these symptoms, but the fact that you will be going to college soon means that the university will have counseling center with skilled therapist who can help. I recommend you begin there ASAP — perhaps even before classes start so you can develop some coping skills to manage the workload.