Home » Sexual Abuse and Relationship Issue

Sexual Abuse and Relationship Issue

From an 18 year old young woman in Sri Lanka: I was sexually abused but my mother doesn’t believe me. The only person who believes me is my boyfriend and my parents oppose my relationship with him as well. It’s very depressing because my mother says that I DESERVED to be sexually abused. My parents also say that if I don’t stop my relationship with my boyfriend they would disown me. My boyfriend is the first guy I have ever dated and if not for him I would have already committed suicide every time I remembered the time I was abused.Please answer my question.

Sexual Abuse and Relationship Issue

A.

You didn’t remember to ask a question so I can’t answer it. But I can tell you this: Absolutely no one deserves to be sexually abused — ever. You need help and support, not criticism. Unfortunately, I don’t know what resources are available in your country. I hope there is someone you can talk to who can help you find a therapist or healer who can help you affirm life and look forward to a future instead of being driven by the past. You might also find it comforting to join one of the support groups here at PsychCentral.

Sexual Abuse and Relationship Issue