Home » Anxiety » Social Anxiety (SA)

Social Anxiety (SA)

I read in a book about Stress and SA that: “No one knows why there are people who develop social phobia and some psychologists say that some young people between 13 and 19 years, stagnant in the Stage of Shyness and Fear characteristic of three to seven years.

In fact, when taking into account the past patients, it appears that social phobia exists for several years. In childhood people with social phobia are “shy” and “introverted” (…).

I got some questions, maybe you can answer or help me looking for further information:

– Is this information correct?

– At what age appears Social Anxiety? It consists of what emotions?

– How many stages are there? And who discovered/Studied Them?

– You can tell what emotions are more frequent at each stage? For example, the Shyness and Fear Stage has only fear and shyness or other emotions?

– At what ages the main emotions arise?

– Is there any way to help these young people, so that they can progress to other stages and grow?

Thanks for you help.

Best regards, (From Portugal)

Social Anxiety (SA)

A.

I appreciate your questions as it seems this is of great interest to you. I am going to focus on another perspective and will refer you to this TED talk by Susan Cain and her book. I think it looks at your concern through a different and important lens.

Social Anxiety (SA)