Home » Depression — I Just Sleep All of the Time

Depression — I Just Sleep All of the Time

I feel mentally sane. I’ve been in much worse situations. However, I’m sleeping 18-20 hours a day. I have no motivation to get stuff done. I have a lot of things to do since I am moving to college soon. I just want to get out of this state. I always feel lightheaded. I do have an eating disorder. A lot of professionals just blame all of my symptoms on my ED, however, don’t offer any sort of solution. They always say, “go to a treatment facility”. I’ve been in treatment three times since late 2013. I always relapse instantly. Anyways, I just want to do things like a normal person. Why is this so hard for me? I’m not on any medication or anything like that, nor do I want to be. I’ve had horrible horrible experiences with psychiatric medication. I’m supposed to take vitamins, and they help a lot, however, I always throw up when ever I take them because I have to take 13 of them. I don’t like eating large amounts of food, so I throw them up (involuntarily) every time. I haven’t taken them in a while. I just need to know what to do to get me out of this feeling.

A.

I appreciate your courage in managing these symptoms. Lets try another approach. I think it may be time for a full-scale evaluation through testing by a clinical psychologist. These types of evaluations take out the guess work and help to pinpoint what the problems are. I recommend looking for a licensed clinical psychologist who does testing. Your local hospital can usually provide some references. If you can find one with a background in neuropsychology that can be a bonus. They usually do a battery of tests aimed at understanding what is the cause of the symptoms, and then write a report that offers next steps in treatment.