Home » Parenting » Bringing Adopted Children Home

Bringing Adopted Children Home

My husband and I live in Louisiana and are adopting a brother and sister from Washington state. They have been with the same foster parents for 2 years. When bringing them home, would it be better for them if we went and got them? Or would it be better for the foster parents to bring them here? There are going to be a lot of changes with moving to a new state, new parents and new schools so I really want this to be as comfortable as possible for the kids.

Bringing Adopted Children Home

A.

I admire your sensitivity in preparing welcome your children. As there are pros and cons of each approach I recommend you contact the Department of Children and Family Services for the state of Louisiana. Talk to them about what your needs and concerns are and they can help you make the transition as smooth as possible.

Bringing Adopted Children Home