Home » Ask the Therapist » Relationship Baggage

Relationship Baggage

I have been with my girlfriend for about six months now. She tell me that I am what she has been looking for in a relationship. I believed her, I do not hide anything in our relationship. I know how it feels, I even cut off other relationships that I know will be an issue with our growing progress. But she has not and still communicate with them in ways that hurt me to read the txt. She says she has known them for years and have helped her when she was troubled, but to invite sex and communicate it in ways that I should be involved only. it depresses me.

Current one was to the same. She invited him to have a drink, at her place late at night, telling him that she is alone with one kid and that she cam at 10am, and still communicating with a past relationship that left her for another, that she says she only communicate, because the woman that he left her died and she is the only one that has been helping him through the depression, but how they communicate hurts and it seems that she still have feelings for this person while having sex with me and telling me that I am her only one.

I have gotten to bond with her kids, I want to make this work. But she still has communication with peple that she has had sexual friend with bebifits and past relationship that it seems that she still has feeling for.

I should walk away, but it is hard. I am the only driver and the kids have build a bond to me and that I still have feelings for her and thinking that it is just obsticle that we can over come and I am taking it way to serious.

She want to got with me to thearpy to help our relationship, which she brought up herself. So, am looking for help for both of up.

Relationship Baggage

A.

I agree with you. Anyone who doesn’t honor your needs in the relationship and, in fact, ignores them and does things that hurt you, hasn’t got your best interest at heart. The “Find help” tab at the top of this page will help you find a couples therapist in your area. However, I think the nature of the therapy will be more on how to separate amicably so that you can both go your separate ways.

Relationship Baggage