Home » Overweight Former Anorexic Who Needs to Lose Weight But Afraid of Relapsing

Overweight Former Anorexic Who Needs to Lose Weight But Afraid of Relapsing

I have a history of anorexia and bulimia and I’m recovered from both. right now I weigh 200 pounds and it’s starting to effect my abilities in life. I would like to lose some weight but im afraid of going back into my old patterns, is there any tips for a former anorexic to lose weight and not relapse. I’m really afraid to go back to that dark place. I don’t want it controlling my life anymore. Thank you

A.

With your history of eating disorders and nervousness about attempting to lose weight, it would be advantageous to seek the assistance of a mental health professional. You might benefit from behavioral coaching or working with mental health professionals who specialize in eating disorders.

It’s important to set yourself up for success. Having the necessary support to prevent a relapse is important. As you probably know, eating disorders are dangerous both physically and mentally. Having that support in place may be key to preventing a relapse. Good luck and please take care.